Mousse for volume
At the time, in the 1980s, the mousse was famous not just for its ability to increase the volume of the hair, but for its ability to provide a crispy, crunchy finish.
Nowadays, voluminous mousse is far more refined – it gives you gloss.
Mousse for volume Best Choice
Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse
Moroccan Oil Volumizing Mousse has a light formula that gives volume to the hair without flaking or becoming greasy. It is enriched with Argan oil, which nourishes your hair to leave it soft and smooth.
TOP mousse for volume
Volume Mousse Extra 17
- 4,6 Rating
- Provides thermal insulation
- Does not fluff
Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Thickening & Strengthening Mousse
- 3,7 Rating
- Stretches the hair up and out
- Long-lasting fullness
Best Mousse for Curly Hair
Important features to be considered
Mousse is a highly multi-purpose styling solution. It is not heavy and provides bounce and lift, strengthens locks and curls, and even has frizz reducing properties. The finest voluminous mousses hydrate, fight frizz and preserve the health and beauty of your hair. Moisturizing is the way to healthy, resilient hair, so make sure to apply a mousse with hydrating oils & butter. And if your hair is smooth, opt for a moisture-proof mousse to ensure your volume doesn’t shrivel.
Mousse vs Gel
Hair mousse is a hair styling product that gives the hair additional volume, hold and shine, while hair gel is a hair styling product that gives the hair stronghold.
- Hair mousse is available in foam form, while hair gel is in a solid, sticky form.
- Mousse creates a soft yet firm hold, while hair gel is a hair styling product that creates a stiff hold.
- Hair mousse is packed in aerosol spray cans, while hair gel is packed in a plastic bottle.
- Mousse is suitable for both men and women with long or short hair, while hair gel is more suitable for short hair.
Kenra Volume Mousse
Intensive thermal protection
High resistance to moisture
Holds for 60 hours
This particular mousse is distinguished by the ability to offer heat protection up to 428 degrees Fahrenheit and is highly humidity-resistant.
The Kenra Volume Mousse Extra 17 is the ideal volume mousse for those who want a product with a good hold and manageable control without a sticky, rigid, or heavy feeling. Its non-alcoholic formulation distributes smoothly through the hair making it thicker everywhere – not only where you apply it. Experience stunning, durable volume designed to preserve your hair and maintain its condition.
- Intensive thermal protection
- High resistance to moisture
- Holds for 60 hours
- Fullness, volume, and gloss
- Non-alcoholic, non-drying
Hair Plumping Mousse
It is very simple to apply
Adds volume and density to the hair stem.
Don’t miss the fact that the hair is UV-protected after application.
This 5.7 pinch mousse provides hair with an over-the-top feel of volume and consistency, leaving no sign of crunching. It adds an envious boost to your hair thanks to this hairstyle that creates the impression of fullness and volume but does not leave the hair crispy or sticky. Indeed, the effect is smooth hair that looks thicker, fuller, lightweight, and has a more natural springiness.
- Gives the hair a big, but still smooth and pleasant feel
- Adds volume and density to the hair stem.
- Offers thermal protection and assists in healing and restoring health to the hair.
- It is very simple to apply
Touch Collection from Kenra Platinum
Extra voluminous, ultra-light mousse
Includes a specific applier for the best possible lift from the root.
Silk Styling Lotion Spray gives a flexible hold for full-bodied styling.
The Voluminous Touch Collection from Kenra Platinum received two new additions. The Root Mousse 8 creates great volumes with a specific applier for a lift at the root. The ultra-light formula uses Murumuru butter to moisturize and add elasticity and gloss while providing a tactile finish.
- Extra voluminous, ultra-light mousse
- Includes a specific applier for the best possible lift from the root.
- Fortified with Murumuru butter for smooth, feelable volume
- Makes hair 20% straighter
- Finishes with high gloss
Expands and lifts the hair
Strong flexible hold
Let yourself be pumped up with this thickening and strengthening mousse from Oscar Blandi.
This hair refreshing mousse immediately gives every hair type a thicker, fuller, and more youthful appearance. Achieve full, supple, whole-day hold. This groundbreaking formulation contains Sodium Hyaluronate to immediately give every type of hair an incredible body.
- Expands and lifts the hair
- Long-lasting fullness
- Strong flexible hold
Hair Lift Mousse
Achieve full, flexible, all-day hold
Immediately add volume to any hair type
Hair Lift Mousse immediately gives every hair type a thicker, fuller, and more youthful appearance.
The breakthrough moisture-binding sodium hyaluronate dramatically expands and strengthens the cuticle, resulting in hair that looks and feels thicker. The Plumping Polymer Complex provides thickness and style memory, and anti-static ingredients eliminate flyaways.
- Beautiful volume
- Achieve full, flexible, all-day hold
- Immediately add volume to any hair type
Volumizing Hair Mousse
The gentle and enriched formula provides smooth gliding during blow-drying
Memory control: Provides durable volume and fullness
This Memory control formulation ensures thicker, fuller, more manageable hair with a brilliant brush-like look.
A blow-out, high-volume mousse which lends the hair a smooth styling with the highest volume and body free of rigidity. All Stylus Hair Care range is uniquely designed to combine with each product to provide maximum protection while styling while allowing the hair to easily be shaped and reshaped with heat styling appliances.
- Exceptional consistency prevents hair from creaking, clumping, and sticking together compared to conventional mousse
- The gentle and enriched formula provides smooth gliding during blow-drying
- Memory control: Provides durable volume and fullness
Suitable for fine and medium hair
Adds lift to the hair
Easy to wash off
The mousse of Big Sexy Hair includes a special formulation that generates the highest possible volume at the hair roots.
Contrary to other mousse formulas, this one, which can be used on all hair types, comes as a spray, allowing you to spread it straight onto the places that require a body. In most cases, this means the roots of the hair! The spray transforms into a foam once it reaches your hair, so you can apply it for a durable, medium hold that combats dampness doesn’t appear sticky, and adds a super volumizing effect.
- Medium hold
- Reduces frizz
- Controls static
- Suitable for fine and medium hair
- Moisture resistant
- Adds lift to the hair
- Easy to wash off
Nexxus Mousse Plus Volumizing Foam
Moisture control for dry hair
Works well on fine hair
Provides durable hold
It will lift your hair while helping it keep its original motion.
It is a hair volumizing mousse that adds body to thin hair. The mousse is fortified with keratin protein and ceramides, which help maintain your hair in good condition and avoid drying. This is a salon class hair mousse that ensures long-lasting hold and allows you a wide range of hairstyling possibilities.
- Blends fast
- No flaking
- Moisture control for dry hair
- Works well on fine hair
- Provides durable hold
Does not dry out the hair
The best thing about this mousse is that it is fortified with nutritious Argan oil and an antistatic compound, providing your hairstyle with a tactile, frizz-free look.
However, if you would like to try something more professional and expensive, we recommend that you give this hair mousse made from Moroccan oil a try.
If your goal is to achieve a razor-sharp hairstyle, you must first follow the correct procedure from the beginning. Since blow-drying your hair and applying clay or other products can give your hair shine and texture, but you have thin hair, even these products cannot help you completely.
One of the most important things to have when styling is hair volume, which is actually not present in thin hair. Therefore, the application of a high-quality mousse like this one made of Morocco oil can give your hair a fine amount of volume, with a scent of the typical Moroccoil scent. You will receive about 8.5 ounces of mousse in a bottle. It gives an overall shiny texture, does not feel heavy at all, and has a conditioning effect that makes your hair smooth and soft.
Apart from that, it has a long-lasting flexible hold that helps you to change your hairstyle. Due to the memorizing feature of this mousse, it holds your hair in place as soon as you style and sit it, but not too hard, so you can easily have a newer hairstyle.
- Does not dry out the hair
- Conditioning effects
How to select the proper mousse for fine hair?
Thin hair requires a mousse that will give it a fuller and more voluminous look. Below are a few things to consider when choosing the perfect mousse to match your hair type.
Check out the contents: Make sure you know what the mousse consists of before you apply it to your hair. Vegan-, gluten- and sulfate-free mousses as well as foams containing no damaging substances are recommended as they do not harm your hair or lead to build-up on the scalp.
Volumizing properties: The main purpose of the mousse should be to provide more volume to the hair. Based on customer reviews, see how efficient the product is in delivering the desired effect.
Bounce and gloss: Some mousses not only provide body and fullness, but they also include extra components that make the hair bouncy and glossy. Based on your personal taste, select the mousse that delivers the extra features.
Seek for protection: There are various mousses that guarantee effective resistance to high temperatures, UV light, etc. Therefore, pick the one that gives sufficient coverage for healthy and well-cared hair.
How to use hair mousse
- Choose the right product for your hair type and style.
- The most important step is to start with a blank canvas, i.e. with clean hair. This will ensure that the product is fully absorbed and will help you style your hair easily. There are products that can be used on the second hair day or between washes to add texture and volume.
- Make sure you start with smaller amounts, as you will not need too much product. Apply the styling product to small areas of the hair.
- Saturating your hair with a styling product will weigh your hair down and cause product build-up.
- Hair mousse works best on damp hair because it traps moisture, which helps to build volume. Avoid using it on dry hair, unless it is formulated for this specific purpose.
- Apply the mousse from the roots to the ends. Gradually add more of the product. One to two pump strokes of mousse is good enough for short to medium length hair.
- Use the correct blow dryer attachments, i.e. a diffuser for curly hair for best results.
- Blow-dry hair gently and in an upward motion to give it more lift and volume.
- You can style your hair or define your curls with a comb or brush.
- Be vigilant when using multiple styling products. It is better not to mix too many products as this can damage your hair.
Does hair mousse leave your hair looking crispy?
In contrast to hair gel, hair mousse will not leave your hair crispy. You just have to use small quantities at first and gradually apply more to get the desired effect. It leaves your hair smooth, easy to handle, and brushable.
Hair mousse is a multifunctional treatment that enhances volume, combats dampness, offers a heat shield, and enhances the gloss and definition of your hair. It will hold your hair firmly and allows you to style your hair in many different styles. Therefore, pick a product from the list above and style your hair away!
You can make your hair look different by choosing the right volume mousse to suit your hair type. The right product not only improves your appearance but also leaves your hair beautiful and healthy-looking.