Best immune support supplements
The immune system is essential for survival and has several critical functions that protect the human body. It protects against damage, disease and infectious organisms, including bacteria, fungi, parasites, and viruses in the environment. It can also recognize and destroy abnormal cells originating from host tissue.
Without the immune system, the human body would be exposed to microorganisms that cause disease and suffering
Even with the presence of the immune system, a weak immune system cannot protect the body from disease and suffering. The weaker the immune system, the greater the likelihood of falling ill. Therefore, it is important to have a stronger immune system, especially during the cold and flu season.
With all the work that the immune system does, there is a chance that the immune system can be weakened, but the good news is that you can support your immune system with the right diet and supplements. While it is always ideal to get important nutrients from food, some vitamins can be difficult to get enough from diet alone.
Are you interested in building your body’s defenses against germs and diseases? If you focus on a few key areas, you will improve your chances of staying healthy.
Immune support supplements best choice
NaturesPlus Immune Action
Powerful Ancient Herbal Blend – Immune System Support Supplement. Nature’s Plus Immune Action is said to be an effective supplement that can help strengthen the immune system.
Ancient herbal preparation helps to strengthen your body’s defenses against germs, viruses, and bacteria
Echinacea is used to fight viral infections because it increases the number of white blood cells in the body
TOP immune support supplements
- 4,6 Rating
- Organic Sambus Black Elderberry, Raw Honey, Apple Cider Vinegar & Propolis
- Immune System Booster
Immune Booster with Echinacea Goldenseal
- 4,3 Rating
- №1 Immune and Cold Weather formula
- Stimulate & Support your immune system naturally
Best immune support supplements
Immune System Supplements
What depresses the immune system?
Researchers have discovered that certain factors can affect the immune system, including medical conditions, chronic stress and sleep deprivation. Chronic insomnia is not only associated with an increase in inflammatory markers, but also with immunodeficiency. Research has also shown that the aging process can affect the immune system and that there appears to be a link between immunity and diet in older patients who eat less, have less varied diets and experience loss of appetite due to some medications and medical conditions.
What can go wrong with your immune system?
If your immune system does not function as it should, this is called a disorder of the immune system. You may:
- Be born with a weak immune system. This is called primary immune deficiency.
- You get a disease that weakens your immune system. This is called acquired immune deficiency.
- You have an overactive immune system. This can happen when you have an allergic reaction.
- You have an immune system that turns against you. This is called autoimmune disease.
What are the best immune support supplements?
The best supplements to strengthen your immune system
Probiotics are quite effective in strengthening the immune system. The researchers concluded that probiotic supplementation could strengthen the immune system without adverse effects.
Probiotics are friendly bacteria that typically live in the intestine and optimize the immune system. About 70 percent of the immune system is controlled by what happens in the intestine, and the friendly bacteria are an essential part of the immune system. The bacteria regulate the immune system by increasing the number of certain white blood cells.
Sufficient micronutrients in the body help the immune system to function at its best. When there is a deficiency of micronutrients in the body, immunity is suppressed, making the body vulnerable to infection. Vitamin A, B6, B12, C, D, E, copper, folic acid, zinc, and selenium all work in different ways to improve immune function.
· Vitamin D
Vitamin D has proven to be quite effective in strengthening the immune system. Studies have shown that a sufficient amount of vitamin D in the body helps to reduce the risk of suffering from diseases. Taking vitamin D supplements, therefore, provides your body with the right amount of vitamin that helps strengthen the immune system.
Zinc has the natural ability to efficiently support the immune system. Zinc is needed for the optimal function of the different types of white blood cells that protect the body from diseases and infections. In addition, zinc helps in cytokine production, phagocytosis and other processes of the immune system.
Powerful Ancient Herbal Blend
Echinacea is used to help fight viral infections, as it increases the number of white blood cells in the body
Echinacea is used to help fight viral infections
Nature’s Plus Immune Action is said to be an effective supplement that can help strengthen the immune system. It is said to improve symptoms such as low immunity, allergy symptoms, and frequent colds/flu. Since it is hard to believe that this supplement works, the list of ingredients has shown that it has some kind of effect in improving the immune system.
- Ancient herbal preparation helps to strengthen your body’s defenses against germs, viruses, and bacteria.
- Unique herbal formula helps to alleviate general health problems. Astragalus is used to relieve the symptoms of seasonal allergies, Ligustrum for congestion and fever and Schisandra for cough.
- A shiitake mushroom is a superfood! It is proven to improve circulation and fight inflammation. The Pau d’arco is said to have a number of health benefits
- Echinacea is used to fight viral infections because it increases the number of white blood cells in the body.
Stimulate & Support Your System Naturally
Immune Booster combines seven powerhouse herbal immune helpers including two types of Echinacea
Liquid drops are better for absorption
A liquid herbal extract contains two types of Echinacea along with other proven immune system stimulating herbs to support white blood cell activity and other immune functions.
It is formulated with natural extracts that provide your body with the extra defense against airborne germs.
- Maintains a healthy inflammatory response to seasonal stress factors
- Helps reduce pain and inflammation
- Is easily absorbed and digested
- Not everybody will like its taste
Sambucus Extract Supplement
Horbaach Black Elderberry 2000mg is a potent antioxidant made from a concentrated extract
Black Elderberry capsules support the health of the immune system
The formula of Horbaach Black Elderberry (Sambucus nigra) is a non-genetically modified dietary supplement that has been packaged in the USA and laboratory tested for quality. This giant large bottle (180 capsules) of Black Elderberry extract complex is now free of common allergens, including gluten, lactose, milk, yeast, wheat, artificial sweetener, artificial flavoring, and preservatives.
- GMO-free, gluten-free; free from wheat, yeast, milk, lactose, soy, artificial flavors, preservatives
- Horbaach Black Elderberry 2000mg is a powerful antioxidant made from a concentrated extract.
- Black Elderberry capsules support the health of the immune system
- Elderberry is a traditional herb that has been used for centuries, especially in syrup recipes
- It has a rice powder in it
The #1 Solution for the Common Cold
100% ALL NATURAL maximum strength immune system booster for Cold Sore, Herpes, and Shingles
It helps your body to be better prepared for possible triggers
Fast absorbing capsules with a special patented design that allows a correct and optimal absorption process. The immune support formula is a perfect cold remedy for the common cold. Only the highest quality ingredients are contained in each bottle to ensure maximum results. Each bottle of the immunosuppressant formula is manufactured in the USA and packaged according to GMP standards.
The formula in Herp Rescue is extremely effective in fighting the virus itself. It also helps your body to be better prepared for possible triggers. To say that it can prevent you from ever having an outbreak again may not be realistic. However, it may reduce its frequency and the severity of outbreaks.
- The most effective non-prescription product for colds, cold sores, herpes, shingles, and the immune system
- Prevents the regulation of the immune system
- Manufactured in a GMP compliant and FDA approved facility in the USA
- The taste and smell are not so pleasant
Herbal Extract formula
Perfect mixture of cow dung and Buhner herbs for the treatment of Lyme
This tick formula contains 5 herbs in equal amounts
This tick formula contains 5 herbs in equal amounts, which are known to help with tick and related infections. These herbs (Japanese Knotweed, Cat’s Claw, Sida Acuda, Houttuynia Cordata, and Stevia) are said to help strengthen the body’s resistance to the infections and the inflammations that accompany them.
- It has herbs that help with the neurological effects such as brain fog and joint pain
- Is much easier to take than the powder form
- Perfect mixture of cow dung and Buhner herbs for the treatment of Lyme
Powerful 10:1 Maitake Extract
Natures Elements only uses the best and highest quality Herbal Extracts on the market
Blood pressure compensation
Maitake mushroom extract can lower cholesterol levels. It can do this by stimulating cholesterol elimination from the body and stimulating fat burning through beta-oxidation. Many other potential benefits of Maitake include a reduction in cancer risk, a balancing effect on blood pressure and blood sugar and an improvement in insulin sensitivity.
One way to estimate the potency of your Maitake mushroom is to find out if it is an extract. Extracts can be 10, 20 or even 100 times the concentration of a powder.
The Maitake mushroom (Grifola frondosa) consists of polysaccharides, the so-called beta-glucans, which have proven to be very effective in stimulating the immune system. The Maitake mushroom tablets from Natures Elements contain 30% polysaccharides and use only the mushroom’s highest quality fruiting bodies, which are rich in complex polysaccharides, including the heavy and complex 1,3; 1,4 and 1,6 beta-D-glucans.
- Helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels Supports the immune system Supports cellular health
- Rich in beta-glucans
- Blood pressure compensation
Quantum Super Lysine+
Six well-researched nutrients for immune system health are combined in strategic doses
With vitamin C, Echinacea & more
Super Lysine+ tablets are ideal for those who prefer lysine to promote immune system health and support daily care. Many use this formula in conjunction with our ointment for optimal results. Six well-researched nutrients for immune system health are combined in strategic doses.
- Strengthen the immune system
- With vitamin C, Echinacea & more
- Free from yeast, wheat, milk, and soya
- Difficult to find in the store
Organic Sambus Black Elderberry
Antioxidants are your wellness BFFs, working to fight off free radicals and keep your body healthy, balanced, and functioning properly
Elderberry is used worldwide as an immunity booster
Fill up your immunity and strength through every season with elderberry syrup, a powerful syrup that provides a powerful combination of organic elderberry, organic raw honey, and organic apple wine vinegar. Sambucus elderberry has been used for centuries for its immune-supporting antioxidant flavonoids that stop free radicals in their tracks. Elderberry syrup offers one of the highest potencies of elderberries on the market with 125 mg per serving – it is your 3-in-1 immune booster for every season.
This powerful formula contains immune-boosting heavy hitters and superior antioxidants that help you maintain a strong defense. It is made with the highest quality organic ingredients with no artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners and tested for purity and potency.
- Elderberry is used worldwide as an immunity booster, providing powerful antioxidants to support the health of the immune system while fighting free radicals in the body.
- This unique formula combines just the right amount of organic elderberry, organic raw honey, organic apple cider vinegar, propolis, and Echinacea to ensure that you give your body everything it needs for a strong immune system.
- Antioxidants are your feel-good BFFs that fight free radicals and keep your body healthy, balanced and functional.
- The taste and smell are not so pleasant
Havasu Nutrition Elderberry
For superior seasonal support, Havasu Elderberry Gummies also provide Vitamin C and Zinc
Treat yourself to a little extra care, you won’t regret it
Packed with vitamin C and zinc, Havasu Elderberry Gums are known for strengthening the immune system. Elderberry gums are perfect for supporting the immune system, they are also important for the health of bones, skin, and joints.
Tastes sweet and makes you want to eat elderberry gums every day!
- The gums are super soft and easy to chew.
- A perfect healthy choice for those who want to support their immune system, especially during the winter season.
- Each serving contains vitamin C and zinc, which can help improve nutrition, immune system, and maintain health.
- Each bottle contains chewing gum made from premium elderberries (Sambucus nigra) to ensure consistent high quality.
Zarbee's Naturals Black Elderberry Immune Support Highly Concentrated Syrup with Real Elderberry
The syrup contains real elderberry extract
Made with simple, wholesome ingredients, our Black Elderberry Immune Support Syrup gives you a burst of elderberry when you need it the most.
Comes in a great-tasting natural berry flavor
Zarbee’s Naturals Black Elderberry Immune Support Syrup contains real elderberry extract, vitamin C, and zinc to support your immune system. The Black Elderberry Immune Support Syrup consists of simple, healthy ingredients and gives you a shot of elderberry when you need it most. Zarbee’s Naturals Black Elderberry Immune Support Syrup contains no colorings, artificial sweeteners, artificial flavors, or gelatine and is gluten-free.
This elderberry immune support syrup is produced in a facility without milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, walnut, wheat, peanut or soya.
- Safe & effective for adults and children 12 years of age and up
- This highly concentrated Black Elderberry formula is made with real elderberry, vitamin C and zinc for added immune system support
- Made from healthy ingredients, extracts, and nutrients to support the health of your entire beehive
- No drugs or alcohol, no artificial sweeteners, no artificial flavors, no colorings, gluten-free
- It is really thick and super sweet.
What happens if important vitamins and minerals are missing in our diet?
· Iron deficiency
The most widespread nutrient deficiency worldwide is iron deficiency. Iron deficiency can lead to anemia. This is a blood disease that causes fatigue, weakness, and a variety of other symptoms.
Iron is found in foods such as dark green leaves, red meat, and egg yolks. It helps your body make red blood cells. If you have iron deficiency, your body produces fewer red blood cells.
According to the World Health Organization’s (WHO) Trusted Source, over 30 percent of the world’s population is anemic. Many of these people are anemic due to iron deficiency.
· Vitamin A deficiency
Vitamin A is a group of nutrients that are critical to eye health and the functioning and reproductive health of both men and women. It also plays a role in strengthening the immune system against infections.
According to WHO Trusted Source, vitamin A deficiency is the leading cause of preventable blindness in children. Pregnant women with vitamin A deficiency also have a higher maternal mortality rate.
· Thiamine (vitamin B-1) deficiency
Another common nutrient deficiency is thiamine, also known as vitamin B-1. Thiamine is an important part of your nervous system. It also helps your body convert carbohydrates into energy as part of your metabolism.
A lack of thiamine can be the result:
· Weight loss
· Short-term memory loss
· Niacin (vitamin B-3) deficiency
Niacin is another mineral that helps the body convert food into energy. It is also known as vitamin B-3. A severe lack of niacin is often referred to as pellagra. Symptoms of pellagra include diarrhea, dementia, and skin diseases. They can usually be treated with a balanced diet and vitamin B-3 supplements.
· Folate (vitamin B-9) deficiency
Vitamin B-9 helps the body make red blood cells and produce DNA. It is often referred to as folate. Folate also helps in the development of the brain and the functioning of the nervous system. Folic acid is the synthetic form found in food supplements or fortified foods.
Folate is particularly important for the development of the fetus. It plays a crucial role in the formation of the brain and spinal cord of a developing child. Folate deficiency can lead to severe birth defects, growth problems, or anemia.
· Cobalamin (vitamin B-12) deficiency
Vitamin B-12 is a B vitamin that is responsible for helping the body produce enough healthy red blood cells.
Symptoms of vitamin B-12 deficiency include:
· Fatigue and weakness in the extremities
· Shortness of breath
· Weight loss
· Nausea or poor appetite
· Sore, red or swollen tongue
· Pale or yellowish skin
If a vitamin B-12 deficiency goes untreated for too long, it can lead to irreversible damage to the nervous system.
· Vitamin D Deficiency
Vitamin D is essential for healthy bones. It helps the body maintain proper calcium levels to regulate tooth and bone development. A lack of this nutrient can lead to stunted or poor bone growth. Osteoporosis, caused by a lack of calcium and vitamin D, can lead to porous and brittle bones that break very easily.
· Calcium deficiency
Calcium helps your body to develop strong bones and teeth. It also helps your heart, nerves, and muscles work the way they should. If you are not using enough calcium, your body can use the calcium from your bones instead. This leads to bone loss.
Top brands of immune supplements
Catalogue/Internet brand: Life extension
Discount/warehouse brand: Kirkland (Costco)
Food/Drug/Mass — Broad range of products: Nature made
Food/Drug/Mass — Narrow product line: HPF Cholestene
Brand of the grocery store: Dealer Darwin (Dealer Joe’s)
The brand for health practitioners:
Brand of the health food store: Kräuter Pharm
Pharmacy brand: Walgreens
Vitamin shop brand: Vitamin-Shoppe
Canadian brand: Natural factors
Premium brands of immune supplements
The 11 brands were rated in the following order for overall customer satisfaction
- Black marketeers
- The path of nature
- Own nature
After being the number one multivitamin brand for the past four years, Berocca is now stepping aside to welcome a new champion. This year’s winner, BioCeuticals, was strong and scored top marks for both efficacy and overall satisfaction.
Best immune support supplement
TOP 5 vitamins to boost Immune System
- Don’t smoke.
- Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise regularly.
- Take Immune Support Supplements.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.
- Get adequate sleep.
Studies have shown that fruits and vegetables provide nutrients—like beta-carotene, vitamin C, and vitamin E—that can boost immune function. Because many vegetables, fruits, and other plant-based foods are also rich in antioxidants, they help reduce oxidative stress.
Staying hydrated can boost your immune health too. Water helps your body produce lymph, which carries white blood cells and other immune system cells. Try to avoid overdoing beverages that can make you dehydrated, like coffee. Or try eating more hydrating foods, such as cucumbers, celery, or watermelon.